Keep Yourself Safe from New Fraud Scams
With the recent news about a few bank failures, many vendors are updating their banking information. Scammers are using this moment to take advantage of unsuspecting customers. By preying on common anxieties, you can be tricked into sending money to a phony bank account or providing your personal banking information.
Remember to pause and be skeptical of any banking update requests. By following these tips, you can keep yourself safe from potential scams:
- Don’t click on anything in an unsolicited email or text message that asks you to update or verify account information.
- Don’t rely on caller ID to confirm someone’s identity. Scammers have become skilled at compromising that too.
- Look up the company’s phone number through a legitimate source, like a statement provided by the company.
- Take your time. A legitimate request from a company to verify information will allow you to ask questions and get confirmation that they are real.
- When in doubt, hang up on the phone caller and call the company directly.
Hopefully, some of these tips will help keep you safe from fraud scams. Contact us today if you have any further questions.